I was inspired to make my favorite holiday essential, gingerbread cookies, using rice flour instead of regular flour and gluten-free. It baked up crispy, and every bite is a holiday treat. Please use the cute molds and enjoy these wonderful gingerbread cookies at your holiday gatherings.
YIELD: 10-15 servings
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
FRY TIME: 13 -15 minutes
RECIPE TYPE: Gluten -free
- 2 cup Glute-Free Rice Flour
- 1 Egg yolk
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp Fresh grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350°F
Melt butter in a bowl, add sugar and mix well. The butter can be melted in a hot water bath or easily melted in a 600W microwave oven for 30 seconds.
Add egg yolks, honey and fresh grated ginger and mix well.
Add rice flour and Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cloves mix well, and bring the dough together.
After wrapping the dough in plastic wrap, roll it out to the desired thickness and punch it out with your favorite mold.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 13-15 minutes.
- Grate fresh ginger for a better flavor, but you can also make this dish using a tube. You can increase the amount of ginger to your liking.
- The secret to making good cookies is to roll out the cookies in uniform thickness. If the thickness is uneven, the texture will change, and the cookies will burn easily, so please make sure the thickness is uniform.
- Since honey is used, please do not give this to children under 1 year old.