The best homemade banana bread recipe ever! It is perfectly sweet, moist, packed with bananas and topped with walnuts.
This non-gluten healthy banana bread uses Japanese Non-Gluten Rice Flour, almond flour and ground flaxseed instead of wheat flour. Flaxseed is a rich source of healthy fat, antioxidants and fiber. Also. Almond flour is high in protein, manganese, vitamin E and fiber. It contains plenty of bananas and walnuts are rich in minerals and vitamins. If you prepare it in advance, it’s the perfect food for breakfast that you can just cut and serve to get a lot of nutrition.
If it has been preserved, re-heat it for a more delicious taste. It would be useful to make it and save it when you have time.
YIELD: 8 servings
PREP TIME: 10 min
BAKE TIME: 70−75 min
RECIPE TYPE: American | Dessert | Gluten -free
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese Non-Gluten Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 halved walnuts for topping
Whisk the Japanese Non-Gluten Rice Flour, almond flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon together in a large bowl.
Preheat the oven to 350°F(177℃) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Using a handheld mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy.
On medium speed, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla oil on medium speed until combined.
On low speed, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour pockets remain. *1 Mix well.
Fold in the chopped walnuts with spatula.
Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and place 8 halves walnuts on top of the batter for garnish.
Bake it for 70-75 minutes. Loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil after 25 minutes to help prevent the top and sides from getting too brown. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf will come out clean when the bread is done.
Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Banana can be easily mashed with a fork.
- Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- *1 When using wheat flour, too much gluten will be formed if mixed too much, and the dough will become hard. But when using rice flour, the dough will be swollen and softened by mixing well.